About Our Organization
The Treasure Valley Back Country Horsemen is a nonprofit organization working toward the preservation of the back country. Our membership is comprised of horse men and women who love our great outdoors and who want to be sure that recreational horse and mule use on public lands will remain a part of our American Heritage forever. We are one of 16 chapters in Idaho that are under the umbrella of Back Country Horsemen of Idaho and Back Country Horsemen of America.
Treasure Valley Back Country Horsemen Purpose
1. To work toward the building of a powerful, well informed horse men and women organization, from the local to the national level.
2. To foster and encourage the formation of new clubs in Idaho.
3. To work toward the education of the horse owners, to make them aware of the back country, particularly the fragile areas, and to use all areas in such a manner as to minimize horse impact.
4. To work with the public agencies; local, state and federal, in cooperative work programs, to maintain existing and to build new trails, trailheads and other facilities for horsemen and the general public.
5. To become involved with the public agencies, in their meeting, hearings and planning to protect the horsemen’s interest.
6. To oppose all unjustified restrictions and closures to horse use on public lands
7. To schedule trail rides, open to members and their guests, at the local chapter level and the state level.learn more.
Become a Member and Explore Idaho’s Back Country
Membership is open to all horsemen and women who love our great outdoors and want to be sure that recreational horse use on public lands will remain part of the American Heritage forever. We welcome new members any time during the year, so feel free to join us at any one of our monthly meetings to get acquainted and learn more.
Annual Membership Dues:
$34.00 for family (all living at home)
$28.00 for individual
Send a check for your dues and completed membership application by February to: TVBCH c/o Maureen Jackson, 2519 S Sienna Drive, Nampa, ID 83686
Meetings: due to Covid meetings are held on Zoom and dates have changed check Activities calendar for next meeting.
2nd Thursday of the Month 7 pm
1012 11th Ave North, Nampa, ID
FRA Building on corner of 11th Ave N. Ext and Powell Ave.